Monday, April 22, 2013

Aedes Breeding Ground

It was built to be a waterfall cascading down the Bukit Puteri hillside.

Now it is the aedes mosquito breeding ground.

I visited Bukit Puteri on Saturday.

When stopping at the counter to pay for the ticket, I started to notice mosquito bites on my arm and swarms of mosquito hovering over my head.

Realising that I was frantically waving my arm to drive the mosquitoes away, the guard told me that it's lucky that I didn't come in the morning because there were a whole lot more of them during the morning.

It was about 2:45 pm and the sun was shining brightly.

He was quick to add that while the hilltop is under the the state of Terengganu Musem's jurisdiction but the waterfall is under MBKT.

mmm... can't MBKT be fined for breeding mosquitoes on their ground?

Can someone call MBKT and tell them to come and clean up the waterfall or at least send a couple of men to sprinkle some insecticide into those puddles of stagnant water...

Ops! that someone could be me!

No comments: