Sunday, December 30, 2012

#Poem #Inspiration #Einstein #Whispers in my ears

Whispers in my ears

There were times when I thought
Brilliant was my middle name
Genius was my last name
Einstein was my beloved uncle

At that I thought
if I declare it so
I'd be ostracized.
others would see me as big headed
pompous smarty snooty
overbearing pretentious uppity wise gal,
smug conceited vain
miss know it all
on ego trip

But, hey....
that ain't real me!
I'm just the opposite!
meek humble servile me!

Oh? Are you?

Yes! All I want to be...
to become the servant of God,
the lovers of God,
just like the way
my great-great -great grandfather
Ibrahim was.

What? I can't believe what I hear!
Are you so holy?
with holier than thou attitude?

No. That is what I truly want to be...
and you know that I speak from the heart
deep from the bottom of my heart
and that is the truth!

Vamush!
Poof!
Begone!

Yes! I'll be gone!
But, you are truly Brilliant!
For such a young girl!
That's your true name!
even if you might not want to listen to me now!
or perhaps, Almas...
would be a better choice
for your middle name!

Begone!
Poof!

Indeed, Let Almas
or Brilliant
or whatever name I'd be called
shines forever
and keep the form!
Aameen.

Written by: Ummabdrahmaan
Kuala Terengganu
Terengganu Darul Iman
Malaysia.
7:17 pm
Hayya 'Alaa Solah! Al aan!

No comments: